Hatha Yoga is probably the best-known form of yoga practiced in the West. It is the yoga of postures, of effort, of will. Hatha Yoga classes are based on body exercises (asanas), breathing exercises (pranayama), and include periods of relaxation and meditation. This age-old Indian discipline aims for knowledge and self-control, the unification and harmony of the human being in all its aspects (physical, psychological and spiritual). It also aims for spiritual awakening (fulfillment of the Being and knowledge of the Self).
New this session with an Early Bird Yoga class and the possibility of deepening your practice with Maha Sadana sessions.
Intermediate and advanced Hatha Yoga is a progression in the exploration of classical yoga.
The asanas, more elaborate and in vinyasa (in sequences) lead to the deepening of the effects of the postures on a physical and psychological level. Meditation and selected pranayama (breathing techniques) ensure balance in the pursuit of well-being and harmony.
Level 1 – beginner or for all
- Basic postures held for short periods
- Respect for individual physical abilities
- Emphasis on abdominal breathing and full yogic breathing
- Basic Pranayama
- Directed relaxation
Level 2 – intermediate
- Intermediate poses held for a little longer (about two minutes)
- Emphasis on harmonization of breath and movements
- Intermediate Pranayama
- Introduction to meditation
Level 3 – advanced
- Intermediate and advanced postures
- Emphasis on concentration when holding postures
- Intermediate and advanced level pranayama
- Presentation/exchange on different philosophical themes related to yoga
- Relaxation and meditation
Level : for all
Thursday 5:30 to 07:00 p.m.
Teacher : Kathleen Verret
Call us to register : 418-688-3003